Playback singer Kalpana Raghavendar released a video addressing the recent incident that led to her hospitalization and the subsequent rumors surrounding it.
In the video, Kalpana clarified the events that unfolded earlier this week, putting an end to speculation about an alleged suicide attempt.
She explained that her unconscious state resulted from an accidental overdose of sleeping pills, taken due to insomnia following a disagreement with her daughter, Daya Prasad, over educational choices.
“I was unable to sleep after a stressful day. I took eight tablets initially, but when that didn’t work, I took more. It was a mistake, not an attempt to end my life,” Kalpana stated,
The video’s release follows a turbulent week that began on March 4, when Kalpana was found unconscious at her Nizampet home by police and neighbors after her husband, unable to reach her, alerted the apartment association. She was rushed to a private hospital, where she was placed on ventilator support but stabilized quickly.
“There is a false propaganda going on in the media about our family. I want to explain it to everyone. I live happily with my husband and daughter. I am doing PhD and LLB at the age of 45. I am able to do all this because of my husband’s support. I have no ill will with him. Our family is very close. Due to professional stress, I am not sleeping. I am taking treatment Telugu for it. I took an overdose of tablets as prescribed by the doctors. That is why I lost consciousness,” she said.
“I am in front of you because of my husband’s timely response, the help of the colony residents and the police. I will entertain you again soon with my songs. It is because of his support that I am excelling in my favorite fields. My husband is the best gift of my life. I sincerely thank everyone who has asked about my health,” she said in a video released.